Automatic Cookie Blocking
CookieHub offers an optional feature to block cookies for domains with premium subscriptions, which automatically blocks common services that set cookies until the user has consented making it easier to implement CookieHub to your website.
How does it work?
What services/tags are automatically blocked?
We are frequently deploying updates to the cookie blocker and adding additional services. Below is a list of the services currently supported:
- Google Analytics (both gtag and analytics.js methods, including GA4)
- Google Ads (remarketing, conversion tracking and display ads, previously Google AdSense)
- Google Maps (both embedded and api)
- YouTube embedded videos
- Facebook Pixel
How to enable the Automatic Cookie Blocker?
Follow these steps to activate automatic cookie blocking:
1. Log in to your CookieHub account on dash.cookiehub.com
2. Click the domain that you want to configure
3. The automatic cooking blocking was introduced in version 2.3.5. If you are currently using earlier version, you need to update using the button as shown below
4. Click the Settings tab and activate the Automatic cookie blocking option
5. Go back to the Overview tab to get the updated integration code. Paste the code to your website above all other scripts in the <head> section. If you already have a different CookieHub implementation code on your web site, please remove it to avoid conflicts.
It's very important to place it above all other scripts in order for the automatic cookie blocking functionality to work.
Sample of the code implemented in a simple html file:
Great job! CookieHub with automatic cookie blocking is now implemented to your web site.